Environmental Impact of Animal Consumption:
The argument that humans are ‘better’ than animals is erroneous and illogical. The current state of the planet due to human activity is proof of this. Humans are at risk of becoming extinct due to environmental destruction, we are making this planet uninhabitable.
The grave impact of animal agriculture must be considered if humans are to move forward as a species. Living harmoniously with other earthlings is paramount to our survival on this planet.
- By 2048 all of our fisheries will be dead. If we continue on this way, the aquatic ecosystem will crash and 90% of ocean’s edible species will begone in less than 40 years. (x)
- Cattle ranching is the number one culprit of deforestation in virtually every Amazon country, and accounts for 80% of current deforestation (x) (x)
- Livestock is accountable for 51% of greenhouse gas emissions, that’s 18% more than total transportation emissions. (x) (x)
- It takes 23 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of tomatoes.
It takes 5,214 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef. (x)
- Water the animal drinks
- Water used to irrigate pasture land that the cattle graze
- Water used to grow crops the cattle are fed
- Water used in the processing of the beef
- 460 tons of grain (that humans can digest) is used annually to feed livestock. That’s enough to feed 8 billion people and end world hunger. (x) (x) (x) (x)
"If any other organism did this, a biologist would call them a virus" -Philip Wollen
Remember the Magician?
Remember when you were the magician?
And you were the secret knowledge of someone .
Knuckle to nail we belong.
If I devised a potion
to dissolve these memories
would I take it?
Or would I give it to you?
Knuckle to nail we’d conspire
to blitz the antiquated magic so compulsive
we remember in museums devoted to it.
Remember like it’s a pursuit.
Remember with such energy
grief skids up your sleeve like rainbow scarves.
Remember when I would never
let you lay flowers on her grave
without me lying on it
grabbing the bouquet and clutching it
saying I was her ghost come to test you
saying I was her vampire come to torment you.
Remember when you were the magician
and I thought there was nothing you couldn’t do?
Remember how I couldn’t trick you
without garnering cruelty
you’d never believe achievable?
Remember we turned on the axis of playing immortal?
Interlocked in vaudeville, black-blue with regret
hoping you believed in the little angel
lying in coffins with your hacksaw at my chest?
You could escape
every one of your fake suicides
you were slices of Houdini between bread.
I wanted to be living in the secret.
I wanted so badly to have been there
If I can’t step from the conch shell
pink flowers falling from my hair.
You have a dark side
and that’s the side of your face that I touch
these days you laugh a lot
but you don’t smile much.
You have a dark side
just like a superhero, or the moon
and you’re a sick fuck
but maybe that’s what I love in you
And you’re someone’s. And you’re mine.
And knuckle to nail we belong.
So I’ll just take my coffee black so you won’t see
the blood from my bitten tongue.
English writer, electronic/acoustic based trip-hop, dub with ritualistic repetition.
»Mathew Morrey or Snow Beard
|—||Titus Burckhardt, quoted in Alberto Manguel’s The Traveler, the Tower, and the Worm (via invisiblestories)|
|—||Stephanie Ernst (via choosehopefortheanimals)|
Everything is infinitely small, everything is infinitely large, everything is infinite.
The present is the ripple of the past, the future is the ripple of the present.
Everything is in constant creation, therefore nothing is and everything is.
Our lives are only our perspectives. The universe is only our perspective.
Our minds are creations of yesterday but yesterday is a dream.
|—||Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet, translation by Stephen Mitchell (via frenchtwist)|